Sep 14, 2017
HANOVER, Ind. -- The Hanover College football team will open Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play this weekend against Rose-Hulman for the fourth straight year.
- Hanover and Rose-Hulman will open Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play for the fourth straight season.
- Last year's meeting between the Panthers and Engineers saw Rose-Hulman score the first 31 points en route to a 31-13 victory, in Hanover.
- The all-time series record between HC and RHIT is deadlock at 33-33-2 entering Saturday's contest. Hanover has dropped the last four meetings between the two sides.
- Hanover is coming off a 24-20 road loss at Maryville (Tenn.) last week, while the Engineers are also coming off a loss at home to Millikin (Ill.), 26-24.
- Senior Layne Harnishfeger is coming off a career high 13 tackles in the loss to Maryville. He is second in the HCAC in tackles per game at 11.5.
- Freshman Kyle Treber leads the conference and is fifth in NCAA Division III in tackles per game at 15.5.
- Senior quarterback Chase Lightfoot scored two rushing touchdowns last week, giving him three scores on the ground this season, as he leads the HCAC.
- Sophomore wideout Jackson Daugherty posted career highs in catches, eight, and receiving yards, 85, last week against Maryville. Daugherty also caught a nine-yard touchdown pass.
Contact: Tyler Jester